The goal of Lucidity 365 Workspace is to simplify your work and make IT less complicated. In one glance you see all the applications and information your organisation made available for you. This way, everything is within reach with just one click, on any device and from any browser.
Signing in & navigating your workspace
1. Go to your workspace URL https://lucidity365.com/instancename
2. Login to your new workspace with your Office 365 username and password
3. Bookmark the workspace in your browser or set it as your homepage so you can easily reach it at all times.
When you open applications and want to go back to the home screen, click on your company logo in top left corner of the dashboard.
Through the + menu you can quickly add documents, emails or Business App tiles:
With this button you can view recently visited pages within the workspace:
All your contacts are listed under the Address book:
By clicking on the profile icon or the profile photo you’ve chosen, you can access your profile settings:
Add your favourite sites
You can add links to websites you often use:
Click on Add tiles.
If you wish to add an existing application (which your administrator has set up) you can just choose from the available tiles at the bottom of the screen and click on Add to workspace.
If you wish to create a shortcut to one of your favourite sites, select Shortcut in the Create Tile area at the top:
When you add or edit a shortcut you can easily fill in the information.
- Choose a recognizable icon
- Select a colour
- Type a clear name
- Copy the link from the website and paste this in the Webpage field
- Select the destination you want the new page to open
- Click Add to workspace
Edit your workspace
After adding a new tile to the workspace, you can easily edit the workspace. Below are some options:
- Move an app to the desired group by clicking and dragging it. NB. It is only possible to place personal apps in shared (recognisable by the group-icon ) groups if you are an admin.
- Click on the name of a group to edit it.
- Move a group by clicking on the arrows below it.
- Edit an app by selecting it and clicking on “Edit tile” in the task bar.
Do you want to decide for yourself which groups are visible on the workspace? Click Groups in the taskbar and select the groups you want to be visible.
By opening the Workspace, you will instantly have an overview of your workday with the Live Tiles:
In the live calendar you instantly see your appointments for the day. You can click on an appointment to see more details. If you want to make a new appointment, you click on + icon and a new window will open to create a new calendar event. Click CALENDAR in the bottom right corner of the tile to open your Outlook calendar.
Live email lets you view your unread messages. You can view them in the mailbox by clicking on EMAIL. To create a new email from the workspace dashboard, click on the + symbol.
The Recent documents tile gives fast access to the files you’re working in. Click a file or DOCUMENTS to navigate to the document or document app.
The To-dos tile gives you access to Microsoft To-Do’s feature, a basic task list management tool. Your Office 365 email tasks are sync’d here also. You can click the + icon to add a new task to your to-do list.
You can easily add a newsfeed by yourself with for instance interesting mailings or professional news.
- Click on Add tiles
- Select the RSS tile
- Choose an icon, colour and a name for the app
- Give the Tab a name so it’s clear which news it shows
- Add the RSS-feed URL
- Select Feed type Public if it’s a public website
- Add the shortcut to the site at the Site URL field
- Click on the plus icon below to add another tab. This is possible up to a maximum 3 tabs.
NB. It is possible that this action will not succeed as not all RSS-feed types are supported.
Note that this refers to documents stored in SharePoint
If you click on Documents, you will see an online view of all your documents (both shared and personal):
On the left you see My documents. Here you’ll find, your personal (work) files (documents stored in OneDrive). In this section you can save documents that are convenient for work, but do not necessarily need to be shared with your colleagues.
Under the second grey tab you see shared folders, in the photo below indicated by the name Team Site. These folders are meant for collaboration with others. By saving files in these folders, everything stays neatly and clear in one location and everything is accessible for the people who have the rights to access these files and folders.
It’s possible to hide folders in the menu of the document app. This can come in handy when you have access to a lot of folders from other departments, which you never need or use anyway. To hide these folders, you click the eye-icon above the list of folders. After that, you can select which folders you want to show in your document app.
Set the default Office editor
The administrator of an environment can enable/disable the option to open documents in local applications of Office. When this function is enabled, the user has the ability to open files in the web editor or in the local app. If one of the options is not available, it will automatically choose the option that is available.
Make shortcuts to folders
Make shortcuts to your favourite folders to easily access your files:
- Open the folder you use frequently.
- Copy the shortcut/url from the browser bar.
- Make a new shortcut and paste the copied link in the Webpage field.
All documents, neatly in one place
- With the New button you can easily create a new folder or file (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote).
- By clicking Upload you can select a document to upload to the folder you’re active in.
- You can, if you have the rights to, synchronize My documents and the shared folders to your device, so you can keep working on your files while you’re offline.
- Here you select which application you want to use; this is possible with online (standard) or local Office apps.
- Under Manage or by right-clicking on a file, you can Delete, Rename, Move or Copy a file.
- Click Download to save documents to your device. Only do this when necessary, because this increases the risk you’ll lose the file if your device breaks down and colleagues can’t view the file.
- Through Share you can invite colleagues and make a link to share a document with others. This way you can keep collaborating in the same document and you won’t have multiple versions of the same document. If you want a document to be checked by someone else you can also select the option to share a View only version, so the other person can’t edit the document.
NB. It is important to pay attention to the View Only or Edit option when you share a file.
If you have a document you’d like to send via email, then you don’t have to go to your mailbox first and search your folders from there to find the right document. You can send it to them directly from the document app:
Click on Share and Attach to email
Right-click on the file
Select Attach to email
Within the workspace you can easily reach your mailbox in the browser. As we use Exchange, your emails are all in sync across Lucidity 365, Outlook, Online and your mobile device.
By clicking on EMAIL on the bottom right of the live tile you open the Online mailbox.
Using Lucidity 365 on your mobile device
Within mobile browsers you often have the possibility to create a shortcut to a page on your mobile phone home screen. By doing this you’ll quickly have access to your workspace from any device.
Set up the Lucidity 365 Workspace as a tile on your mobile phone, tablet or desktop to quickly access everything you need to work.
Install Office apps on your mobile device through the app stores.